quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Saturday, July 3, 2010

8. Miscellaneous

Risk-Taking

I do not want a hero, who risks his life. I do not want to worry about someone, who drives around on a motorcycle or climbs mountains. It is bad enough, that life expectancy for men is shorter than for women, but I prefer not to loose someone to his risky hobbies.
But I appreciate it very much, when a person has the courage to be sincere, speak the truth no matter the consequences, does no hide things.

Sports

I enjoy hiking, bicycling, swimming, and when I was younger, I have been skiing, ice skating and sailing. But this is for the fun of being active outdoors, I dislike to do any such thing to exhaustion. I like to find a partner for sharing such outdoor activities, and he might enjoy other sportive activities in moderation.
But if any sports fanatic, who defines his masculinity in shaping his body by working-out every day, is not really my intellectual mindmate. Also I expect enough of a cultural level so that any consumption of spectator sports, either in the stadium or on TV bores him as much as me.

Pictures

I never publish pictures. I am not a body to be chosen by my looks from a catalogue. After a few mails, when there is an understanding about basic compatibility, I will send picture by private email.

Formal Education

Intellectual communication and an profound exchange of thoughts is important to me. I like to discuss things on the basis of skepticism and a scientific approach. An equal partner in this is someone, who not only is intelligent, but has formed his intellect in at least a few years of university or college.
Someone without formal education could be a kind and caring companion, but if he has never heard of things like 'double blind' studies and such, then it could be very difficult to share a life based upon rational decisions.
When two partners have roughly the same level of formal education, they have a good chance to learn from each other.
I got the German equivalent of a MA.

Location

Someone compatible is difficult to find, therefore I am not restricting my search geographically. I only restrict it to having one language in common, that we both speak well enough to enable us profound communication.
With modern technical means of transport and communication, it is easier to overcome geographical distances than mental distances.
I am looking for someone, who would want to move in here with me, or as an alternative move together between two homes.
This is not an offer to sponsor men from third world countries to come to Germany for the papers.

Conformism

I am a non-conformist.    I am not an anti-conformist.   That means, I choose and decide based on my own value system and needs, based upon reasoning.   My choice is independent of how much or how little my choice is shared by others.   I am not influenced by the fact, if nobody, anybody or everybody happens to do the same.  

The Contents of the Glass

I have often heard the question, if a glass is half full or half empty.   There is a rational answer to it:  During the process of being filled, at one moment, it is half full.   During the process of being emptied, at one moment, it is half empty.