quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Monday, October 11, 2010

100. Homage to Dorine and André Gorz

Homage to Dorine and André Gorz

This is entry 100, and this is the right moment to sum up my search with a role model.   Dorine and André Gorz are the modern Baucis and Philemon.  

http://www.radicalphilosophy.com/default.asp?channel_id=2191&editorial_id=25733
http://www.dominiquesvillas.co.uk/en/News_and_Features/Books/Lifetime_of_Love.cfm
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article2651472.ece

They were together for nearly 60 years, and loved each other so much, that he could no bear to survive his beloved Dorine, so they ended their lives together.    They were happy without having children.   
She was his one and only.  Even though I cannot know it I am convinced, that they created a bond of intrinsic commitment when they got involved, that most probably it has never even occurred to him to cheat on her nor to impose a harem of ex-partners upon her.     


They are the role model of a couple attached to each other by a truly human bond of profound quality.   

I wished I could find a precious man like André Gorz.   There is enough left of life to share some years of the same kind of a deep bond as they did.  
Such a man is out there somewhere and he is craving to find me as much as I am craving to find him.   But were is he?   How can we find each other?    

Compared with André Gorz, I cannot help but to perceive all those pseudo-progressive men, who admit being promiscuous as if this were human decency, as trash and riffraff.   They are animals void of the precious quality of true humanity, that I see in André Gorz's bond with Dorine.