quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Thursday, December 6, 2012

625. The Effect Of Color On Male Instincts

625.   The Effect Of Color On Male Instincts
 
Entry 624 was about the importunate reaction of men to the color red upon women, as was shown in a study.   
" the guys tended to grade the woman's disposition to sex about 1 to 1.5 points higher when she was wearing a red rather than a white tee," "

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/02/the-red-dress-effect.html
Scientific evidence appearing to explain my own frustration does not impede me from skeptical reactions to such studies.      Reading this article made me wonder about something.   

They only compared the reaction to a red t-shirt with that to a white one.  This does not automatically imply, that red makes men worse predators than what is their baseline, as long as no other colors are also included in the study.  
The result of the study could just as well be caused by the opposite, inhibiting effect of the color white.   White could be associated with innocence, cleanliness, professional attire, coldness of snow, some religious ceremonies, grief in some cultures and other circumstances, where women are not usually available as prey.