quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Friday, November 25, 2011

449. Skin Deep Non-Believers

Skin Deep Non-Believers

There are people, who are skin deep christians, because they have been brainwashed to adhere to the religion in contrast to their innate apistia.

But there are also skin deep non-believers, who have been influenced to attempt or pretend to be such in spite of their remaining innate psychological need for the subjective benefits of believing.   A good example is a person's reply, when asked about the belief in a horse shoe at the door bringing luck:   "Oh, I don't believe in it. But I am told it works even if you don't believe in it."  

This event is either ascribed to Niels Bohr himself or else to him as the one asking:  
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr

"Of course not ... but I am told it works even if you don't believe in it.
Reply to a visitor to his home in Tisvilde who asked him if he really believed a horseshoe above his door brought him luck, as quoted in Inward Bound : Of Matter and Forces in the Physical World (1986) by Abraham Pais, p. 210

In most published accounts of this anecdote such was Bohr's reply to his friend, but in the earliest account thus far located, in The Interaction Between Science and Philosophy (1974) by Samuel Sambursky, p. 357, Bohr was at a friend's house and asked "Do you really believe in this?" to which his friend replied "Oh, I don't believe in it. But I am told it works even if you don't believe in it.""