quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

334. One Year of This Blog

334.   One Year of This Blog

Yesterday a year ago, I started this blog.   I have been adding an entry nearly every day, on a variety of topics.   I was expecting the consequence of the increase in text as being found more and more often in google searches.   Thus I was hoping, that my mindmate would be interested in the same topics as I do and stumble upon my blog.

But so far, all my expectations were wrong, and I am still alone and lonely.   Even though there was a steady increase of text, there is no increase in the number of page views.    During one year, there were on average about 550 page views per month, both from google searches and from links in my profiles on matchmaking sites.    But with the exception of a peak in the months of October, November and December, the number of page views continues steadily around and slightly below 500 per month.   Also page views are only indications, that someone has clicked on a page, this of course is not revealing, if the page was also read.     

There is nothing wrong with me.   But I am one of the victims of the gender misalignment.   While there is roughly an equal number of men and women in western societies, the matching by equality is as distorted as is a wrongly buttoned coat.    I already described the problem in entry 211.   Too many men are driven by their instinctive wish to dominate to choose a mate, who is less educated and financially weak, and by their instinctive wish to procreate to chose a mate, who is younger.   

From entry 211:  "As a result, there is a disequilibrium in the availability of mates.   On the low end, all the stupid, uneducated and in some other way undesirable men are left without a mate.  On the high end the educated and intelligent women cannot find a mate, who is adequate, an equal and has emotional intelligence."
Of course, I include in the category of low end men as indesirable also narcissists, psychopaths, emotional morons and all other kinds of jerks.

I see no solution to this unfortunate situation, all I can do is continue my search for one of those rare men, who value equality, not only in theory, but also in their behavior and their mate preference.   As lonely as I may get, I will never sink as low as accepting someone from the low end.   
But in my personal value system, money does not contribute to my subjective definition of the low end.  That gives me one advantage over the majority of high end women, who want only a wealthy man.     If someone is all of what I want in a man, I will gladly accept him, no matter, how poor he may be, even if he is on welfare, as long as he has no debts and is responsible in his spending habits.