quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Friday, December 17, 2010

186. Clarifications

Clarifications

1.  I had got an enthusiastic email from someone in Greece.   He used words like 'incredible' and 'unbelievable', me or my blog were 'something to sweep' him 'off his feet'.   He called it 'an incredible experience to come across such a personality' as mine.......    He assumed, that I were Greek.   When I replied to his question, that I am German, I never heard from him again.    
 
I am not Greek, where marouli means green lettuce.    
I am not Asian, where obviously Maruli is a common first name in some country.    
 
I am German, but not teutonic.   I have chosen my Internet name of Maruli, because I feel comfortable with how it sounds.   It is to be pronounced Ma-roo-lee, with the emphasis on the second syllable. 

There has been some interesting research, how the sound of the name of people alters the perception of them and their alleged personality. 

http://www.handbag.com/relationship/your-life/friends-family/how-does-your-name-influence-your-life-101956
http://www.nature.com/news/2004/040809/full/news040809-4.html

Interestingly enough, the sound of Ma as in car and of li as in lee are the sounds in names, that are supposed to be an advantage for men, while the ru like in room with the emphasis upon it is supposed to be an advantage for women.   Without having known of that study, I started to identify with the sound of a name, that is fairly consistent with my having some kind of a slightly androgynous personality in a female body.  I do not feel very feminine but without being masculine in my dislike of violence, aggression, competition and instinctivity. 

To me, Maruli is a good name to go along with my identity.   Would I have written the identical blog under a very teutonic name like Kriemhild Rachschwert (which of course is not the name in my passport), the impression of my person would be very different, even distorted.  
I am a citizen of the world and not at all teutonic.   I can choose my nickname to my represent my personality, but I do not want to change my personality to fit a teutonic name, that I have not chosen.
   
Also, if a man would be attracted to someone with a personality as teutonic as appears Kriemhild Rachschwert to be by her name, then I would be definitely not his mindmate.   Not only am I not teutonic, but I would be not at all compatible with someone, who wants a woman to be teutonic.   

Therefore I am Maruli.  I am German, but not teutonic.  

2.   There are links to this blog in several dating-sites and I have managed to get it entered in several blog directories.    Also it can be found by googling.  
But if someone sees a link to it in sites in some Asian language, in sites about restaurant guides, sanitary installations and such, this is nothing of my own doing.   Some automatic bot has done this. 
Also I have not myself entered the URL of this blog into a German site for people, who like to dance.   I lack the talent to learn controlled dancing steps and do them as fast as the music requires.